Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Progress on New Year's Eve Goals

For 2011, I listed the following goals:

1. Have a baby (due Feb. 28)!
2. Read 50 books.
3. Go to the gym at least 3 times/week.
4. Return to my pre-baby weight (135 pounds).
5. Blog at least 2 times/week.
6. Take pictures of me, the baby, my life (the move!) at least once a week.
7. Spend one-on-one time with B. doing something fun at least once a week.
8. After the baby is born, take at least 1 hour/day for myself to relax.
9. Visit a museum/park/cultural event once a week, before and after baby.
10. Call/visit family at least once a week.

So now that we are in April, how am I doing?
1. Done! Little R arrived Feb. 15, and is even more darling than I expected.
2. I have read 48 books so far (though they were not all high quality). Parenthood hasn't interfered with reading that much so far, since I read while R sleeps or hangs out in her bouncer.
3. I did this until I gave birth. Since R came, I have been to the gym only 3 times total (FAIL). Must make more of an effort
4. Not yet. I weigh 148 pounds now, down from 170. But it's only been 9 weeks, so we will see
5. This month I have been doing better and have exceeded this goal.
6. I take pictures of little R almost every day (though they are usually bad pictures since I have no talent). I need to start taking the camera when I go out on mini trips though.
7. Have not done this (FAIL). We spend a lot of time together chatting, but rarely do anything fun (ie an activity) without R. I should start scheduling date nights.
8. Absolutely; in fact, since she goes to bed at 8 pm now, I usually have at least 3 hours.
9. Did not do this pre-baby because I felt so huge and uncomfortable. Since the beginning of April, have done this once per week. Keep at it!
10. Yes: in fact, probably more often since little R arrived. Everyone wants to see her!

8/10 isn't bad. I should make more effort for date nights and gym visits, and keep up the other efforts. Jia you!

1 comment:

  1. That's quite the list! I haven't made a new one yet, but I did so miserably on my list last year that I don't know if it's worth it! lol. Impressive that you've read so many books this year, already! BUT - if I have a list I'm definitely stealing number 9! I love museums. ;)

    ReplyDelete