Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daily Schedule: Little R at 11 Weeks

I often wonder what exactly I do all day, since it's hard to get anything obvious done. Also, how much time does little R require? So I kept track of my daily schedule yesterday: this is a pretty typical day, although she slept somewhat more/better than usual.

Results:
16 diaper changes (4 poopy)
9 feedings (if you include the full 24 hours; otherwise 8)
3.5 hours of nap time
Approximately 10.5 hours of baby care
1.5 hours chatting with B
3 hours house chores
1 hour exercising

Apparently having a 2.5 month old is more than a full time job. I don't know how working mothers do it!


7:30 am
Little R wakes up; cries until I fetch her, then greets me smiling from bassinet
7:30
Change R’s diaper and clothes (poopy!), give her medicine (she has reflux), feed her
8:00
R sits in her bouncer to digest while upright; I bounce her and look at the internet
8:30
R (in baby carrier) and I go for a walk around the neighborhood; I buy bread at the market and a chai latte at the cafe
9:00
Return home: R fell asleep on the walk; she goes down for a nap and I take one too
9:30
R wakes up; (poopy) diaper change
9:30
R plays on her blanket on the floor while I eat breakfast (cereal and part of the chai latte)
9:50
Diaper change ( a little poopy)
10:00
Wake up my husband; chat with him while bouncing R
10:24
Diaper change
10:30
R eats again
10:45
Another nap, I nap too
12:15 pm
I wake up (R woke up about half an hour ago and hung out w. daddy; he changed a diaper then)
12:20
Diaper change
12:30
Off to the grocery store: buy groceries, go to the bank, go to bookstore and get R two books; R is in baby carrier
2:00
Return home
2:05
Diaper change, R eats lunch
2:30
I eat lunch (sushi, vegan cupcake, remains of chai latte), R admires her mobile and wiggles
3:00
R sits in bouncer, I read
3:20
R gets sleepy, goes for a nap
3:30
R wakes up, I resettle her
3:30-4
House chores: load of laundry in, tidy bedroom/kitchen, empty garbage
4-4:22
Logistical chores: bill paying etc.
4:23
R wakes up, change (poopy) diaper
4:30
R eats again; B leaves for gym
5:00
R in her bouncer to digest upright
5:10
Diaper change
5:13
R plays on her blanket with her scarf and toys
5:30
R is tired of playing, cries; sits on my lap and cuddles
5:40
R is tired of cuddling; I decide it's tummy time: she hates this and screams the entire time
5:45
Tummy time is over! I cuddle traumatized R.
5:50
R is exhausted from tummy time, goes to sleep. I cycle laundry, start another load
6:00
R wakes up, diaper change, nurses briefly
6:14
R goes back to sleep
6:30
B comes home
6:45
R wakes up, diaper change
6:50-7:15
R plays with her father
7:15
I try to play with R, but she is fussy and doesn’t want to play anymore
7:25
Tummy time again; she hates it as much as ever
7:30
Time for a bath; R is tired and starts to drowse in the water so I cut it short
7:37
New diaper, night clothes on; give R her medicine and feed her dinner
8:00
R finishes eating; I swaddle her and put her to bed
8:15
I go to the gym; B stays with sleeping R
9:30
Back from the gym
9:30-10:30
Chat with B about steel manufacturing, his research
10:30-11
He makes dinner; I fold the laundry and put it away
11:00
We eat dinner: pasta with bacon, basil, pine nuts; it’s delicious
11:15
I finish cleaning the kitchen, take a shower
11:30
Eat a cookie and putter on the internet
12:20 am
Brush teeth, take out contacts, go to bed
1:00
R wakes up, change diaper, feed her (back to bed 1:30)
3:40
R wakes up, change diaper, feed her (back to bed 4:00)
5:30
R wakes up, resettle her
5:50
R wakes up, change diaper, reswaddle
7:00
R wakes up for the day; greets me smiling from bassinet; eats breakfast
7:30
Change R’s diaper and clothes, give her medicine, take her out to play on her blanket

…repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment