Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We Have an Apartment!!

We finally found an apartment, and will be moving into it on Thursday morning (two days from now). I am so relieved and excited.

Our hotel is nice, but is still only one room. Little R sleeps in the bathroom, which is both not at all convenient (since then we can only use it with great care at best from 8 pm-8 am), and not quiet: the wall is very thin and we can hear every sound she makes with great clarity. Since she has been waking up 4+ times/night, this means very little sleep for me. Once we are in an apartment, I can put her back on a good sleep schedule (and do sleep training again), so that everyone can get a good night's sleep.

I am also very excited about the new place. It is three bedrooms, two bathrooms (by far the biggest place we have ever had), and is very nice, with hardwood floors and a clean, modern look. It is also on the 20th floor of the building, meaning that we have a really nice view of the ocean and harbour, and lots of natural light. The apartment is part of a larger condominium complex, with a really nice pool, exercise room, etc., so little R and I will be able to spend a lot of time outside enjoying the climate. And it's close to two parks and a large shopping complex, so I will have places to go to on walks/outings.

I am now planning my decorating. We won't buy any nice furniture (since we will probably be moving again in a few years), but I can still get some stuff from Ikea or similar, to make the place look nice. I've never really had any money before to decorate a house (we always had to go with the very very cheapest stuff, mostly cast-off furniture from relatives), so am looking forward to this, even if I won't buy much yet (since all our furniture is not here yet, much of it being in transit somewhere in the Pacific Ocean).

No comments:

Post a Comment