Saturday, October 1, 2011

Off to Hong Kong

Today B, little R and I are flying to Hong Kong for 4 days with A, our friend from the US. He's never been to Hong Kong before (and of course little R hasn't either!).

B and I went there courtesy of the US Government back in 2009, when he was a Fulbright scholar. (I don't know why the government thought it was a good idea to take all the scholars away from their research to go on an all-expenses-paid junket to Hong Kong and Macao, but they did.) Poor B had to spend pretty much all his time in Hong Kong in boring meetings (even the evenings were mostly accounted for with swanky cocktail parties, much to his chagrin) but I got to tour the city instead.

I loved Hong Kong: it's modern and traditional at the same time, beautiful, and exciting (so much to do and see!). Things I plan on doing: tour Sheung Wan and visit Man Mo Temple; visit the Hong Kong Museum of History; take the ferry to Lantau and see the Giant Buddha, Po Lin Monastery and Ngong Ping Village; and see Chi Lin Nunnery. Since I am going with B and A, we will also eat a lot of food (they are both obsessed)! I think it will be a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment