Saturday, December 17, 2011

Baby Jet Lag

It's 12:45 in the morning here, and little R is still whine-complaining in her crib. She went to bed at 7:45 but woke up at 9 and hasn't been asleep since. The last two nights she has only been able to sleep in the bed with me, and even then woke up every hour or so--usually I am very strict about her sleeping in her own bed because I like my own space with just my husband.

In Singapore she was a great sleeper, going to bed at 8 pm like clockwork, and sleeping until 8 am the next morning with maybe one waking. Unfortunately, the time zones here are exactly opposite, and she can't understand why I want her to go to sleep at 2 in the afternoon (according to her internal clock).

Jet lag is always bad, but it's SO MUCH worse when you have a small baby. Also, note to self: do not listen to your mother when she wants you to get the baby up after her bedtime, so that she can get her grandmother fix. You will be the one awake in the middle of the night, and it is NOT worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment