Friday, September 7, 2012

Mini-Break: Kuala Lumpur

B and I are both feeling a little tired: he because of the new semester with all its various demands, and me because R is a lot of work. We decided yesterday that we ought to take a weekend trip as a mini-break.

We are going to Kuala Lumpur (the capital of Malaysia) as neither of us has been there before and the flight is only an hour. For lodging, B chose the extremely fancy Shangri-La Hotel (he got a very good last-minute deal), best in the city per Trip Advisor (though who knows how reliable the ratings are). It does have a hedge maze and a ground-floor pool even though it's a 5 minute walk from the Petronas Towers.

B can work on his research in comfortable, cushy surroundings, and then relax at the newly renovated health center (exercising is his favorite thing to do on vacation: I know, he's a freak). R and I will explore the city during the day; at night we will probably arrange for a babysitter through the hotel (one of the services they offer) so that B and I can go out.

We'll be there Saturday and Sunday nights, coming back Monday morning. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment