Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We've Moved!

We are moved in to our new place!! which is a total mess, boxes and bags everywhere. Plus they didn't clean it thoroughly before we moved in, meaning the floors are all grimy and turn my feet black (like everyone else in Singapore, we don't wear shoes indoors: even the movers always take off their shoes before entering. It's strange to watch them haul couches and huge boxes barefoot.)

Last time we unpacked I was by myself with an infant (B was in Japan) and it still only took two days to be moved in, because I can't stand looking at boxes. But I am just going to have to get over my OCD tendencies, because we are leaving for the US in two days and completely unpacking is not realistic.

We each have our own room (a study for B, R's bedroom, and now the extra bedroom for me: I put the bookcases in there, hahaha!). Plus a master suite, balcony, storage room and three bathrooms. It's overkill, but the options were either a tiny two bedroom (with no space for guests, and the other bedroom was about the size of a closet) or this size.

I have to be careful not to fill up the increased space with new purchases, if only because theoretically I think waste, consumerism and materialism are wicked. I do hate owning stuff (though I love buying it: very sad thing to say about myself): it's such a hassle to transport/maintain. I must remember this when next tempted to go on a shopping spree at Ikea.

1 comment: