Monday, July 7, 2014

Staycation at the Shangri La Rasa Sentosa

Last month we went on a one-day "staycation" to Sentosa, Singapore's resort island. This is the first time that I've ever done something like this, because typically I would think "Why not visit a new third world destination for the same price?" but recently I have been finding just managing daily life difficult, let alone traveling to intense, crowded, chaotic places. So we gave Sentosa a try.
Our room (private balcony in the background)
The exterior architecture is pretty cool
The grounds: bright blue is the pool, darker blue is the ocean
And honestly, it was really nice. The hotel has a lovely pool, is steps away from the beach, and within easy walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants (including a branch of R's all time favorite). They also have a "kids club", where slightly older children (I think over 4?) can be dropped off all day and amused with activities by the dedicated staff, free of charge.
The grounds have all sorts of amenities, including a koi pond
R mostly liked the pool
She enjoyed the ocean too
I don't know if we will being making staycations a regular thing: I still prefer exploring as many ruins, cities and jungles as possible. But now I totally understand their appeal. 
Feeling relaxed on the balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment