Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Halloween in Taiwan

For Halloween my school had a costume party, so I dressed up like a vampire and terrified all the little children. They shrieked with glee (and real terror, at least the smaller ones). I got a lot of strange looks in the bus on the way to school, though, as Halloween isn't a widespread holiday here, even though they know about it.

This weekend I volunteered at a museum, the National Science Education Center, where I will be volunteering once a week from now on. It's a good chance for me to practice my Chinese and to enjoy myself volunteering at a museum again. After the museum, B and I went hiking at Yangmingshan National Park, which has many hot springs. The air smells like sulphur in places, and it has bubbling mud, steam vents, and milky white lakes. There are also many tall mountains and a wide variety of plant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment