Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Change of Plan

I was looking over my previous entries, and they now strike me as a little strident, and worse, boring. I think it would be better to treat this blog just like an online diary, where I just meander mentally. Worrying about composing little essay or op-eds is not very satisfying (probably why I haven't really posted) and not very interesting to read later.

So instead I will just write about whatever is on my mind at the moment, and then it will be preserved for me to look at later. Right now I am thinking about a blog I just started reading, That Wife. I admire the author for her perkiness and cheerfulness and willingness to put it all out there, at least in certain respects (she doesn't ever post about her sex life or marital problems or family issues, etc). But she does post lots of pictures of herself, of trips, food, restaurants, and even of her furniture. I find this fascinating even though her life is not at all remarkable (though she takes good pictures). I also like how she just puts up what she is interested in (religion: she's Mormon, photography, etc). It must be a great way to track your state of mind. So that's what I will try to do, too (although I can't have pictures at the moment since my camera was stolen in Xinjiang last summer and I don't have money for a new one).

I am also really enjoying my sale Valentine candy. I went to CVS two days ago and was able to get many bags of my favorite Valentine candy, conversation hearts (their chalky sweetness is so good!) for 75 cents total!! I was very excited since most of the bags cost like 7 cents apiece. Of course now I will eat them all and consume too many calories, but since I am going to the gym every day it's OK.

The strange thing is that eating large quantities of sugar makes you very thirsty. I know that you can use sugar as a preservative, like salt, and I wonder if something about being a preservative causes thirst. I suppose I could look it up on the Internet and find out, but I like it being a little mystery.

I am going to go read more Raffles (the second book in the series is the current one up) and drink more water to help with the conversation hearts thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment