Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back from Visiting

Darling B went on a trip to the East Coast for a few days, so I went to stay with my parents while he was gone, since I was worried about being a single parent for the first time. I was alone on Sunday, and actually it was quite nice. Since I do the vast majority of childcare anyway, it wasn't that different. In some ways it was even easier, since I could arrange everything to suit myself and didn't have to spend time on tending for B. I was glad to know that I could do it on my own if necessary: it builds confidence. I did miss B though for myself, since 1. I like him and like having mutual, interesting conversation (which R cannot do yet!) and 2. I like having someone to admire R with me, and point out all her cutenesses to.

Going to my parents' house didn't really make anything easier, because I had to get packed and take an immense amount of stuff with me (even though R is so small she has a lot of accoutrements: diapers, wipes, clothing changes, a bouncer, stroller, sling, medicine, etc.). And while they are very helpful, I still have to do the vast majority of care there too, made somewhat more difficult by the fact I am somewhere new, where everything isn't organized to my and R's convenience. But it was nice to see them as always. I also really enjoy seeing how much they love little R: it makes me so happy to have other people agree with me about her darling cuteness, and notice all her latest tricks.

I'm glad to be home for now though, and am looking forward to seeing B again later tonight. I get grumpy with him sometimes, often just because I am tired or R is fussy or the house is messy and he is conveniently there for me to grump at (and I don't want to grump at little R), but while he is away, I remember how much I like him as a person and how he still interests and excites me. He is really so special, and I should make sure to appreciate him when he comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment