Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mediocre Monday

Today was a mediocre day. I felt really tired all day, probably because little R woke up at 2, 4:30, 6 and 7 last night (she got up at 7:15 ugh). I took two naps but it didn't seem to help that much.

Because B was gone all last week, I felt a little tired of doing childcare, and so I went to the gym, the bookstore and the grocery store in the afternoon, leaving R with him. She was fussy almost the entire time and did not take her usual nap, meaning that B felt tired and drained when I got home (especially after I left him with R again while I took a nap). Then R was overtired and could not take her late afternoon nap either: she kept falling asleep but then would wake up to fuss. As a result, she was rather grumpy, B was grumpy and I was just so tired.

B's back has been bothering him as well (probably not helped by the multiple days he has spent flying recently), and he has jet lag from his multiple trips to the East Coast over the last week. So he is not in his best state currently.

It wasn't a really awful day: I got to have some independent time, R was darling and cute (and full of smiles for the most part, even though she was tired), and B and I had a nice dinner together and watched a movie after R went to bed. I hope I feel less tired tomorrow though, because I felt so drained and groggy. I wonder if I am anemic? I haven't been taking my iron pills consistently. Getting up all the time at night is probably the simpler explanation though: someday I will sleep more than 3 hours in a row, and it will be so exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment