Saturday, September 10, 2011

US Trip: Day 8

I was especially excited about this day, as it was the first day where I could do things I particularly wanted to (as opposed to fulfilling various social obligations). In the morning, I still had chores: I went to Citibank to open an account, and to Chase to close my account. Chase has terrible international service and policies: I have paid hundreds of dollars in the last couple months as a result, so was very anxious to bid goodbye to them permanently.

As always, this took longer than I had hoped/anticipated, and I wasn't done until 11:30. Then I fed little R, put her down for a nap, ate a quick lunch, and went out shopping with my mother and sister. I bought two nice tops and a pair of shoes, but was not able to get anything close to everything I wanted. My mother decided we should go home after a couple of hours, so home we went, where I fed little R, changed her, etc. Then my sister left and my mother and I went to San Francisco, where we were unsuccessful in finding her shoes, and did not have time to shop for me. I was too tired and worried about little R (who had been without me all day long), so we returned home, arriving at 7 pm.

I suppose next time I should go shopping by myself, because doing anything with others means spending a lot of time doing what they want. I really love my mother and sister, and like spending time with them. But honestly at this point I just feel really selfish and like focusing solely on what I want to do (perhaps because otherwise it's all about B and little R), and so I think I would have enjoyed it more solo. Sadly, I don't think I will really have more time to go by myself, so my wardrobe will not get the overhaul it needs. Very disappointing. It was nice to spend time with them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment