Thursday, November 17, 2011

Making Financial Progress

I crossed two things off my 101 in 1001 list today. One was minor (adding everyone's birthdays to Google calendar) and one more major: paying off all our credit cards!!

I am especially excited about this because I hate being in debt, and yet since we moved to Singapore, we have been. It was unavoidable because we had a LOT of expenses (the moving costs alone were thousands of dollars) and had very little savings (being students is not a good way to build up a money cushion). Now that we are all paid up (including our tickets to the US for this Christmas), we can actually start saving money, so that we'll never have to charge living expenses again. This is especially important as we might move internationally relatively soon (within the next few years), and there is no way anything will have gotten cheaper. I feel like I am finally making a little bit of progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment