Friday, December 23, 2011

Visiting Union Square

Yesterday little R and I went to San Francisco's Union Square with my parents. When I was a child, my family used to go there every year to check out the Christmas decorations, shop, and attend a performance of the Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol, so going there with little R was very sentimental.
We took the train to avoid driving/parking, which worked out perfectly. Once we got there, we walked around Union Square admiring all the window displays (the best ones were the adoptable kittens and puppies from the humane society), people watching (lots of Chinese tourists this year!), and checking out the ice skating rink. The best thing in my opinion were the police horses, each wearing a tiny Santa hat.
After we strolled around for a while, we went to get something to eat at Cafe de la Presse, which is a charming French-style cafe/brasserie. According to my parents (who were in Paris in April), it's very authentic. We had a very leisurely meal (partly because the service was slow) and Little R was a dream baby throughout the whole thing. She especially enjoyed my mother's steak. She's really good at going out to eat, maybe because she's done it so often?

No comments:

Post a Comment