Saturday, December 24, 2011

What Little R Is Getting for Christmas

I absolutely love reading, and have since I was a toddler. Pretty much every Christmas, books top the list of things I want (this year included).
So naturally I want to introduce little R to the wonders of reading (ie indoctrinate her). Initially she was only interested in books as something to chew on, but over the last month or so she has begun turning the pages, studying the pictures carefully, and listening to the words as we speak them out loud.

I bought her 14 books for Christmas (I went a little overboard: you know it's excessive when your child's doting grandmother tells you not to buy any more!).

All these:











Plus two non-board books: Eloise and Home for a Bunny. She already owns Pat the Bunny, Goodnight Moon, I Am a Bunny, and many others. It is really enough for now, but I do want to buy her more anyway (especially as later I will have to get her toys or something more to her own personal taste instead).

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Books are truly amazing gifts! Whenever I get money/gift cards, as a gift, i would spend it on books too (this year is the same) :-)
    Oom

    ReplyDelete