Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Love Rabbits

I have a great great love for rabbits. They are my favorite animal, the heroes of one of my very favorite books (Watership Down), and overall just so totally cute! It is a source of great joy to me that little R was born in the Year of the Rabbit (and is even a Golden Rabbit: how cute is that?), as I have always regretted my Chinese zodiac sign is only a Horse.

Basically I love rabbits because they are cute. However, since this is really pretty shallow, I enjoy imputing a wide variety of moral qualities to them: for instance, that they are kind, patient and morally pure (since they are not aggressive and don't hurt other animals). The fantasy version of a rabbit that exists in my head acts as sort of a moral compass for me. This is one of the reasons I kind of don't want a pet rabbit, because then it would just be a cute furry animal and it would be harder to go around pretending rabbits are super-beings.

I still like looking at them though. This really cheesy video of a cartoon rabbit singing Europop makes me happy every single time I watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment