Monday, March 5, 2012

Little R Goes to the Mall

Yesterday I took little R to the mall to buy new shoes. After I bought her a pair of ergonomic imported Spanish leather shoes (I know, what a waste of money; but I am a nervous first-time mother) and some baby flip flops (so she can fit in with the other Singaporean babies), we went to the mall's roof.

There they have a really nice playground, complete with water fountains for the kids to play in. Little R had so much fun playing with the water jets. She got totally soaked, but didn't care (luckily I had brought another change of clothes).

I had a good time too, because there was a Starbucks right next to the playground. While she was running around sopping wet, I sat in the shade and drank my java chip frappucino. It was a win-win: I think we will be back!

2 comments:

  1. That is so neat that they have such fun kid-friendly spaces out and about. Looked like R was having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singapore is extremely kid-friendly in general. It makes the US look like Americans hate children, actually. I think it has to do with the American disdain for non-independent individuals?

      Delete