Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sick sick sick

I spent all day being sick and exhausted today. I have a cold which I caught from B before he left (boo!), meaning my nose is stuffy, I cough and feel generally sub-par. I'm not sure if it's being pregnant or the cold but I feel totally totally exhausted and spent several hours sleeping. Even so, now that it's 9:47 I feel ready to go back to bed. I'm just so tired that it's kind of incredible.

I did manage to finish two books today though, one on Chinese naval exploration during the early Ming dynasty (Zheng He, the original Sinbad the Sailor, is a very interesting character), and one on body language and what it means.

I know that fatigue is common in early pregnancy but I hope this is mostly just the cold since otherwise it's going to be an exhausting several months (without coffee). On the bright side, I haven't been nauseous at all (except for one time when I ate a fried chicken sandwich from Burger King while traveling: so disgusting), which is certainly lucky (though there's lots of time left to experience it). I have had acid reflux but since I frequently suffered from that before I was pregnant, it's not much of a change. I still haven't told my parents or anyone else yet because I want to go to the doctor first. I am having a hard time believing I am actually pregnant and keep thinking I am making it up (even though I took three pregnancy tests, all with the same result). I want someone official to confirm it before I make it real by telling others.

No comments:

Post a Comment