Monday, June 13, 2011

Pregnancy Weight Part Two

I posted about my pregnancy weight gain here about two months ago. Sadly, since then I have not lost much more weight. I do fit in pretty much all of my old clothes (though some of the pants are tight), but should really lose at least 10 pounds. I look chubby and overfed in pictures, for example. (And still have a little double chin: I tend to gain weight in my face).

I hoped that the weight would just melt off, but since I have eaten whatever I wanted, including large quantities of junk food, even breastfeeding could not help me (at least I didn't gain weight!). So I will have to get serious about losing the weight if I want to look good. In Singapore, everyone is very very small and thin, and so I will seem even more like a behemoth there. I want to look and feel attractive, not puffy!

I don't believe in dieting, so I think the best approach will be: 1. go to the gym 3-4 times/week (B is very supportive about watching little R so I can go); and 2. reducing the non-healthy food I eat (for instance, I have been having dessert every night for months). As a first step in #2, I will be recording everything I eat (and caloric drinks) daily on the blog. Hopefully this will make me more aware of how much I am eating and lead to better choices.

Eaten today:
Chocolate peppermint luna bar
Cup of coffee with soy milk and chocolate syrup
two english muffins with peanut butter and raspberry jam
Chocolate peppermint luna bar (#2)
Bowl of chicken and vegetable soup
Toasted cheese sandwich
1 cup tortilla chips
Apple juice
handful of pine nuts
4 or 5 walnut halves with sugar
2-3 cups of pasta with cheese, spinach and pinenut sauce (note: note portion size in future)
Reese's peanut butter cups

Looking at the list, I can already see why I am overweight: I eat too much! I probably didn't need either of the luna bars, the plain nuts, the tortilla chips, or the peanut butter cups (and that's probably at least 700 calories right there).

Note to self: Must practice more careful eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment