Thursday, September 8, 2011

US Trip: Day 6

Today was a stressful day due to scheduling issues. B went off to the coffeehouse early to work, while I spent time with my father and sister. I went to get my hair done at 2:30. Supposedly it was going to take 1.5-2 hours, but when I left, it turned out that it was actually 5:30! Not good as that was the time B and I were supposed to meet our friends in Berkeley. I hurried to pick up B and then we made our way as fast as possible to the restaurant, which was not very fast as it was commute time and traffic was heavy. I cursed myself the whole way, as I felt so bad for being so late.

We got there an hour late (ugh), but luckily they were still there and not mad, and we had a great time seeing them and catching up on all the news. Since we saw them last, they have lived in China for a year; taken the trans-Siberian railway; and visited five countries. We had a baby and moved to Singapore, so there was a lot of ground to cover. We left for home around 8:30, but I would have liked to stay longer if not for little R (whom I had abandoned to my parents without sufficient preparation due to running so late). She was fine, but waiting anxiously for us (she'd just woken up, and was starting to wonder where I was), so it was good that we didn't stay later.

No comments:

Post a Comment