Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I love making resolutions. There is something so hopeful and optimistic about the whole process, that supposes that lasting positive change is not only possible but likely.

For 2012, I am making three, one for health, one for character-building, and one for intellectual development (mind, body and spirit I suppose?).

1. Exercise at least 5 days/week. This means actual exercise of at least an hour (walking at a normal pace doesn't count). This will improve my health, physical fitness and hopefully appearance (since I'd like to lose 10 pounds).

2. Study Chinese at least 5 hours/week. I really want to improve my skills in this area, especially because I've forgotten almost everything I used to know.

3. Consider my husband's needs/desires as equal in importance to my own. I have a fairly strong personality and am very fond of getting my own way. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, when you're married there is no such thing as a successful power grab, because your happiness and well-being are bound together. If one member of the couple is unhappy, then you both are, because you are a team. I need to work on being a better team player, not only because this will make my husband happier, but because it will benefit me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment