Today I spent all day in bed sleeping off and on: I literally could not spend more than a few minutes standing without feeling like I was going to keel over. I haven't been this sick in a long while, but I was ill just a few weeks ago. I hope I'm not developing some sort of weakened immune system!
Actually this is probably my body telling me to shape up: drink less coffee, eat more healthfully, and for crying out loud EXERCISE (despite periodic good resolutions, I haven't yet succeeded at this consistently).
I joined a weight loss challenge last year and lost about 10 pounds. The new version of this challenge (since most people didn't lose all the weight they had hoped for) started last month, and I joined again, to lose the last five pounds. So far I haven't done anything whatsoever and not surprisingly haven't lost any weight either.
But that's OK: I am recommitting now! Action plan:
1. Exercise at least 5 days/week.
2. No meat except on special occasions (this isn't just for losing weight but will, I think, have that side benefit).
3. In bed with the lights off by 1 am at the very latest (sleep deprivation makes you fat).
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables, ideally at least 5 servings/day.
5. Drink more water, at least 8 glasses/day.
6. Cut back on dessert/sweets: no more than 3 times/week.
7. Cut down on coffee (it's so bad for my heartburn, sob sob).
Hopefully these changes will improve my general state of health!